Welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my take on everyday cuisine. I'm very passionate about food whether it be cooking, baking, or creating my own recipes. I hope that you find the recipes easy to understand and recreate at home. If you have any requests please let me know!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I can write a blog, I have thoughts

If I am going to be honest right off the bat, I have to say that I started this blog months ago. It has sat blank and lonely while I have tried to figure out what I want to say. I constantly think of  a quote from "Julie & Julia" in which she says "I could write a blog, I have thoughts." As it turns out I just couldn't think of any thoughts to share and couple that with the fact that writing isn't my strong suit, it really just sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Finally I decided to just buckle down and work it out. Many ideas have been tossed around about what I want to accomplish here. Do I want to share my personal recipes? Do I want to "perfect" and simplify classics for an easy "how to guide" to make sure your dishes turn out perfectly every time at home? This list goes on for days. In the end I decided I was not quite ready to give up my recipes so easily out into cyberspace. Then it hit me. How many times have you watched a cooking show drooling over your television, found a recipe on the internet you just had to print, or heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that a recipe was "to die for" only to be completely disappointed by the outcome? It has happened to us all. My new rule of thumb is just because they are paid to be on television, or in a magazine does NOT mean the recipe will be good. I personally have countless recipes in folders, binders, books, and magazines. Much like "Julie & Julia," I am going to cook, bake, grill, poach, and sous vide my way through the mass of recipes I've collected and if you have one at home you'd love to try but sounds a little out there, send it to me! I'll try it out for us. Hopefully I can make use of all of my recipes (which might make me feel better about all the trees I have killed collecting them) and help you find some great go to recipes as well.

Beaucoup d'amour, de rire souvent, et bien mange
xoxo,
Susan



3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Just as I love you. Can't wait for the followups. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure those spoons are holding ingredients for curry. I see mustard seeds, those green things that open when you cook them, chili powder, cloves, and curry. I don't remember what the first spoon is. Oh, man I want curry now.
    Looking forward to the next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts Susan! I know you'll spread some awesome knowledge!

    ReplyDelete